Well, not so much. But at least it was a good sign that my newly discovered pregnancy was moving in a healthy direction. That's right! Brian and I are expecting a little miracle in September.
It was hard keeping the secret and of course it leaked out to a few people who were then sworn to secrecy. We wanted to wait for a few appointments before we let the cat out of the bag. Just like with life, nothing is ever promised but at least our chances of miscarriage are decreased after you hear the heartbeat. So now that everything is out in the open, let me catch you up on the past 3 months....
I took a pregnancy test on our anniversary in January. Unfortunately, it wasn't the "clear" positive that one would hope for. So I (very im)patiently waited for a week to go by to retest. This positive was a lot more clear and I was having more pregnancy symptoms by this time. My emotions were up and down with concern and joy. Of course Brian was concerned too but he tries to be the stable one in the emotion department so he didn't let on too much. Once I started getting all day sickness (forget just the mornings!) I felt better about our chances for a healthy pregnancy. However, it wasn't so great for Brian. The only thing that helped my nausea was eating every few hours and only the food I had cravings for. There were many quick trips to the store to pick up cereal and ice cream and hot dogs and graham crackers, etc. Thankfully I was still able to work, which turned out to be a nice distraction from the nausea as long as I had a few PB&J's on hand.
Our first appointment was March 9th. We were both nervous about the first appointment. It was during this appointment the last time we found out we had had a miscarriage. The doctor warned us it would take a few minutes to find the heartbeat because the baby is so small. I think we both closed our eyes and said a little prayer while the doctor was searching. And then there it was, the most beautiful sound of a little tiny heartbeat. We both ended up with tears in our eyes. It was the greatest relief! And then we left the office and proceeded to call everyone who knew to tell them the good news, and then off to McDonald's for some craving relief!
The next few weeks had their ups and downs for me. When I stopped having the nausea, I had nothing reassuring me that everything was okay. So I flipped out a little bit (imagine that!). Fortunately I work on a unit that has baby monitors in every room so I just hooked myself up one day and heard that beautiful sound again. Our second appointment was today and was much more relaxed. I'm 15 weeks by dates but will have an ultrasound next week to make sure.
Brian and I feel so blessed that God has given us this miracle that we and many other people have prayed for. We will find out what the sex is and let all of you know! And as soon as I start showing (real baby, not just extra McDonald's weight) I'll post some pictures.
We hope you are all well and we miss you guys! Stay tuned for more baby news....
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What wonderful news!!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, congrats, CONGRATS!! That is just wonderful news..so happy for you guys! Looking forward to more blog updates and will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and an even healthier baby!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats hon! So happy to hear the news! I know your 'rents are excited to visit as well...
ReplyDelete