I was having a hard time thinking of what to blog about this time given not much exciting has happened since my last one. Granted there were the laughs and full bellies that accompany family during Thanksgiving. Brian and I went to his mom's for dinner. We were joined by his sister and friends of his mom's. We enjoyed the traditional meal with a few dishes from each family (including a little Meyer touch!). Overall it was a great day topped off with some good football games.
Now that I've summed up the Thanksgiving day, I wanted to list what I am thankful for since all too often I have a hard time recognizing how blessed I am and let the "downs" of life consume me. So here goes...
God and His amazing gift of grace, redemption, and mercy
Jesus for His unconditional love and sacrifice
The Holy Spirit for being my companion through life
Love
My family and their good health
My husband for all that he is to me
My friends for knowing how to make me laugh when I want to cry
My dogs
My health
My home
My job
Food in my house
A car that runs well
Enough money to buy Christmas presents and other non-essentials
My education
Music
Laughter
Beautiful sunsets
Having all my senses intact so I can see, hear, smell, touch, and taste all that God has given me
Freedom of religion
I hope this Holiday season you all will strive, as I will, to remember the blessings in your life.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice list kiddo. You're one tough cookie, even though you're as tender hearted as anyone I know. Your mother and I are very, very proud of you and all you've accomplished. The good thing is, you're not even close to being finished accomplishing!
ReplyDeleteLove ya Kate.
Pop