Saturday evening I was reunited with Brian and the girls. It was a long 24 hour trek across the country. Thank you "Kings of Leon" for providing the traveling theme music. I got to see lots of small "middle America" towns. There was even a little snow on the ground around Sioux Falls, SD. I had to laugh because the first time I moved up here, the same amount of snow was on the ground and I thought it was SO MUCH! Boy did I get an education!! And I'm coming to the realization that in a short time I'll be getting a cram session tutorial on living in the tundra again.
So the reason for the title of the post. I've come to the conclusion that no one ever really "unpacks." It's more appropriate to call it "shuffling" because that's all you end up doing. In order to clean out one room, you have to shuffle all the extra boxes to another. And you continue this pattern until you've developed a "junk" room. So yesterday I accomplished getting the spare room "shuffled" and our junk room grew by leaps and bounds. I'm hoping to get pictures up of the house once most of the clutter has been relocated. But until then, a description will have to do.
Our house is very cute with two upstairs bedrooms, a bathroom upstairs and a semi-finished basement with a bedroom and bathroom. Brian finally has a man cave that he doesn't have to share with me because quite frankly it's cold and dark and perfect for his mounted critters. The girls have a big back yard we are hoping to someday fence in so we don't have to establish the routine of putting on all our snow gear just to take the girls out to do their business. Brian also has a garage and a little room downstairs he can use for his hobbies.
Altogether nothing too exciting just yet. But of course, that's not a bad thing!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know what you mean Katie. We're still shuffling from 1985!!! HAHA, it never ends.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the cool weather - better you than me!