Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009 - Christmas Day

I was going to wait and blog about Christmas Day later but the weather has decided our plans for us. We were going to go to Brian's sister Stephanie's house and spend the day munching and playing games. However, as you will see from the pictures and video, we've decided to stay in today and avoid getting stuck in a ditch. So with that being said, here are pictures from this morning!



This is a picture of our Christmas tree. We haven't had a real tree in a few years so getting this definitely helped me get into the Christmas spirit.











This is a view of Brian's truck from our kitchen window. Just to give you an idea of how much snow we've gotten. This snow is just what's fallen in the past 24 hours. The drifts from the 50 mile an hour winds are much bigger!









This is a view from our picture window in the front of the house. These are the smaller drifts around the house and our camper. There's a sidewalk infront of the camper that you can no longer see! It's the same sidewalk I shoveled only 24 hours ago.





This is a view from our backyard of our neighbor's house.











Here's some video I took of the girls playing out in the snow. Well, Ginger is playing and I think Maggie is just annoyed by the whole thing. The leash is holding her back I'm sure ;).





The storm is supposed to last until 6pm tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have even more pictures of even more snow to post later. We were fortunate to have been able to gather last night as each one of the Thomasson clan is stranded in their own homes. Brian told me the I29 corridor is shut down from Canada to Omaha as a result of the storm. It sounds like they are going to shut down the highway coming into town here as well. Thank you Jesus that I live in town!! And remember, He is the reason for the season......Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Our snow is almost already melted away. It was fun while it lasted. Duke was looking at the video wondering where his cousins were! Merry Christmas guys. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pix and video. I really enjoy looking at pix and videos of snow, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete