Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Most of you have already wished me a "happy birthday" so this post is nothing really new. I had a very wonderful birthday, mostly because of all the people calling or sending me a message on facebook to remind me of how blessed I am to have people in my life who love me. And several people even sang to me on the phone which is always enjoyable!

Most of the day was spent answering calls and texts, as well as opening thoughtful cards. It was pretty overwhelming to feel so much love from everyone back home in Texas and from my new home in North Dakota. My honey of course got me a wii and wii fit, as well as some chocolate (because he loves me!). I got a beautiful scarf from my brother and his fabulous wife to match one of my new coats (which I wore to dinner!). I got a text picture of my Cavanaugh as well as a voice/text message from Johanna (which made me laugh it was great!). My sweet Aila colored a picture (and my card) for the refrigerator. More than anything the love I felt from everyone on my special day was the best gift I could've received.

Not to mention.....I got a job!! (halleluia, halleluia...). I'm going back to my roots and am now employed at Medcenter One Labor and Delivery. Of course it's more than L&D in a community this size. It'll be a lot like my internship in Aberdeen where I'll be doing L&D, postpartum, antepartum, and some overflow general gyn surgery. I wasn't so sure I wanted to do more than L&D but the more I thought about it the more I think I will enjoy the change from day to day. I really liked both of my bosses during my interview so I'm really excited to start working with patients again. I won't start until the end of the month (at the earliest) which is a blessing in a sense because I can take a pre-employment vacation and enjoy time with my family during Thanksgiving.

Well I hope you enjoy the pictures from my birthday bash. My mother-in-law made a yummy Butterfinger cake which was perfect because it was so sweet that you could only have a small piece (figure friendly!). The others are of me and Aila opening my cards and Brian relaxing after a long day at work. Miss you all and can't wait to get back to Texas home for a visit!































































1 comment:

  1. Hey, girl, congratulations on the new job and happy belated birthday! I don't know that I could handle the excitement of L&D but I loved postpartum, antepartum and general gyn surgery. Miss you - and love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete